Saturday 2 April 2016

Buddies and Easter eggs

We did some fabulous writing about eating Easter egg. We are learning to use our senses to help with descriptive writing. Here are some examples:

The chocolate Easter egg looked delectable. Licking my lips I could taste the creamy, chocolate Easter egg. I heard a crunch. Yum! It looked tasty and sticky. I couldn wait to touch the melted chocolate. It smelled delicious...yum.
Twinkles

The chocolate Easter bunny was in my hand melting so I just took one mouthful. It was as big as my fist so it took ages to eat it. It tasted creamy. I felt the caramel dripping on my fingers and smelt the cream.
Milson

On Friday we spent some time with Room 8, our buddy class. First we read together, then we showed them our favourite Chromebook activities - Kahoot and Reading Eggs.



2 comments:

  1. Room 8 enjoyed spending time with their buddy class Room 6. We are looking forward to next Friday. I loved seeing everyone sharing their learning together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is an excellent example of what we are aiming for in our school - tuakana/teina learning together, modern learning with technology and improved literacy with a genuine audience. I celebrate the success this post shares and thank both classes, Room 6 and Room 8 for role modelling EMPOWERING SUCCESSFUL LEARNERS TOGETHER.
    So proud right now!

    ReplyDelete