Saturday 15 August 2020

Defend yourself with words

 This week we read a fabulous poem about bullying by James Brown. It is called Words.

Then we wrote our own poems about bullying. 

Here is Yozarna's poem:

I don't know why, why, why

but they exist ist ist

and they hurt, hurt, hurt

and they're always here, here, here

and they're called bullies you know, know, know.

You hide, hide, hide.

Our favourite writing task this week was a 50 word challenge. We had to write a story about bullying with an orientation, problem and solution using exactly 50 words. We really liked using the word count tool on Google Docs. Having a word limit meant we had to think carefully about using language effectively. 

Here is Quiara-Lane's story:

On my first day at school I got bullied from a boy. He was calling me names. I was sad. I started crying. The next day he kept calling me names. I told him to stop. When it was home time I told his mum and he got a _________!

No comments:

Post a Comment